Try this traditional Indian chicken recipe...the famous Indian Curry Chicken ! tasty and hot !
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch cube of ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cut-up, skinned chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cardamom pods (green if you can find them)
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
* Mix the tomato sauce, yogurt and water and set aside.
* Blend the garlic, ginger and water until smooth. Brown the chicken pieces in the oil Remove the chicken from skillet and lower heat.
* Add the cinnamon stick, bay leaves, cardamom pods, cloves and hot pepper flakes. Stir for 30 seconds.
* Add the garlic and ginger paste and the turmeric.
* Stir for 1 minute. Add tomato mixture, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir.
* Add chicken, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, turning chicken a few times. Serve with plain rice..hmm... nice and tasty Indian Chicken recipe of curry... a traditional taste !