Friday, September 19, 2008
Chicken Vindaloo Recipe
Try this nice Indian Chicken recipe....the Vindaloo...! Great !
• 3 Large Onions (chopped)
• 3 Chicken Breast Fillets (cleaned)
• 1- ½ cup Tomatoes (chopped)
• 2 tbsp Coconut Vinegar
• 2-inch Ginger (chopped)
• 3 pods Garlic (chopped)
• 1 tbsp Tamarind Paste
• 1 tbsp Garam Masala
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 10-12 Kashmiri Chilies
• 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
• Palm Jaggery
• Make a smooth paste of garlic and ginger by adding coconut vinegar. Set it aside.
• Now grind the poppy seeds and chilies separately in a grinder. Mix it with garam masala, ginger-garlic paste and tamarind puree. Blend well to form a thick paste.
• Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium flame, add onions and fry till they turn dark brown.
• Add spice paste, some oil and fry onions for another 5 minutes.
• Add chicken and a little turmeric powder to onions. Sauté the dish for 5 minutes.
• Add some water and bring the dish to boil. Now add salt and jaggery, and stir well.
• Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on a low flame for at least 30-40 min, till the chicken is cooked.
• Chicken Vindaloo is ready to savor. Serve hot with steamed basmati rice and raita...the Indian chicken recipe is at your service ....delicious one !