Chicken Moglai..another great Indian chicken recipe to try !
- 1 Large chicken, skinned, meat removed and cut into chunks
- 12 oz clarified butter, ghee, or unsalted butter
- 2 Onions, grated (medium size)
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 Inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 9 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 Green cardamoms, broken slightly open
- 2 1 1/2-inch cinnamon sticks
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 6 tbsp. Ground almonds
- 27 fl Cream
- Flaked almonds to garnish
* Heat the ghee or butter in a large wok over moderate heat and fry the onions with the salt until translucent.
* Add the ginger, garlic, cardamoms, and cinnamon sticks.
* Stir-fry until the onions are golden brown.
* Add the chunks of chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
* In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, ground almonds and cream.
* Lower the heat to "very low" and pour the egg and cream mixture into the wok.
* Simmer gently for 5-7 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and tender. Be careful not to overcook the sauce, or the eggs and cream will curdle.
* Serve garnished with flaked almonds.
The amazing Indian chicken recipe of Moglai is ready to serve...delicious chicken ! Enjoy !