Friday, September 19, 2008
Chicken Makhani Recipe
Try this amazing Indian chicken recipe..... a great one !
• 1 Pound boneless chicken thighs
• 1 tbsp Peanut oil
• 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
• 1 Pinch salt
• 1 Pinch black pepper
• 2 tbsp Butter
• 2 tsp Lemon juice
• 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
• 1 tsp Garam masala
• 1 tsp Chili powder
• 1 tsp Ground cumin
• 1/4 Cup plain yogurt
• 1 Cup half-and-half
• 1 Cup tomato puree
• 1 Bay leaf
• 1 Finely chopped shallot
• 1/4 White onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp Cornstarch
• 1/4 Cup water
• Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Saute shallot and onion until it becomes soft and translucent.
• Add butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 1-teaspoon garam masala, chili powder, cumin and bay leaf into the saucepan. Cook it for 1 minute.
• Then add tomato sauce, and cook for 2 minutes, stir it frequently. Stir in half-and-half and yogurt. Reduce heat to low.
• Now again it for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Season it with salt pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
• Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until it turns lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
• Reduce heat, and season with 1-teaspoon garam masala and cayenne. Stir in a few spoonfuls of sauce, and simmer until liquid has reduced, and chicken is no longer pink. Stir cooked chicken
• Mix together cornstarch and water, and then stir into the sauce. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. The great Indian Chicken recipe is ready to serve...very nice and tasty...hot parties ahead ! Enjoy it !